Setting Up Authorized Firm in ADGM
Setting Up Authorised Firm in ADGM
Setting up an Authorised firm in ADGM, to carry out financial services activities in ADGM, involves seeking authorisation or obtaining financial services permission from FSRA – the Financial Services Regulatory Authority (FSRA). FSRA is an independent regulator in ADGM whose mandate is to establish a robust, well-regulated financial market that is aligned with international standards and best practices of global financial centres such as London, Hong Kong and Singapore.
Firms established in the ADGM will have 100% foreign ownership and is subject to a civil, commercial and regulatory environment aligned with entities established in the United Kingdom. Such firms must have a permanent place of business in the ADGM, are e regulated by the FSRA (referred as regulated entities). They include, but are not limited to, Banks, Brokers and Dealers, Asset Managers, Corporate Financiers, Wealth Managers, Insurers and Insurance Intermediaries, etc.
How To Setup An Authorised Firm In ADGM
The type of business you intend to undertake will determine the business activities for which the Authorisation / permission is to be sought and the Category under which such activities falls. The capital requirement for Authorised firm range from US $10,000 to USD 10 million. Capital waivers may be available to the ADGM branch of a regulated financial institution having its head office in a recognized regulatory jurisdiction.
Firms wishing to undertake only marketing and referral activities without providing any other financial services may establish a Representative Office. Such firms will not have clients in the regulatory sense and will therefore benefit from a ‘light touch’ regulatory approach commensurate with this more limited scope of business.
Almost all regulated authorized firms are required to appoint:
- Senior Executive Officer
- Compliance Officer
- Money Laundering Reporting Officer
- Finance Officer
- For entity established in the ADGM as a company (as opposed to a branch), at least one Director
Authorised Firm in ADGM
All Your Questions Answered
To set up your Authorised Firm in ADGM, you will have to go through a detailed application review process. The Application process includes the following
The Application process include the following:
- Initial meetings and detailed discussion with the FSRA’s case officers
- Submission of General Information for Regulated Activities (GIRA) form and other suplimentary forms, along with detailed Regulatory Business Plan and other documents
- Fee payment
- FSRA’s review of application followed by queries; provide satisfactory clarification / replies
- FSRA’s interview with proposed senior management of the applicant firm
- In-principal approval (with conditions, if any)
- Fulfil the conditions and Formation registration of ADGM Company
- Issue of Financial Service Authorisation
Key for a successful financial service permission from FSRA is to demonstrate the fitness and propriety key personnel and owners, appropriate systems and controls in place to satisfy its regulatory obligations and adequate capital resources.
How KPI Can Help In Setting Up Your Business in ADGM
KPI will be pleased to help you in your business setup in ADGM. From assessing your requirements right up to getting your business started we will be there for you, we will be there with you during the entire process. That means, we do all that takes to start your dream venture.
- Which business activities you intend to carry out?
Mapped to Appropriate Category
- How it can be mapped to the appropriate category of Authorised Firm of the FSRA, ADGM
Assists you in the following:
- Assistance in completion of all application forms & documentation
- Assistance in preparing Regulatory business plan & Prudential Return forms
- Assistance in preparation of the financial projections
Assists you in the following:
- Help demonstrate your fitness and probity test to obtain the license
- Handholding for the entire process till you get your license
Why KPI As Your Trusted advisor?
Because we have the requisite experience. We treat your application as our own application and go all the way to help you!
Personalised service – We treat each application as our own
The experience – having helped establish above 25 Authorised firms in DIFC and ADGM
We have been at the ADGM since inception – the 1st entity to register at the centre
We help to authorize the first foreign fund manager & the first Category 2 entity at the ADGM
Experienced professionals – CFA Charter holders, experienced risk and compliance, and banking professionals
Documents Required For ADGM
Other Information Required For ADGM